Right of Way
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Right of Way

Land expressly reserved for pedestrian and vehicle traffic and/or utilities. Any use, restriction or excavation of the public right of way, such as streets, alleys and sidewalk areas, requires a permit and may even require an inspection. The Regulations of Activities in the Public Right of Way defines the requirements for permits, inspections, traffic control, and, restoration standards for excavations.


Filming in Public

In order to obtain a film permit, all productions must have a Film Application on file with the Film Indy Office prior to production. You will be required to furnish proof of liability insurance before Film Indy can coordinate and release your permit.
The following requests require a film permit:
  • Street closure
  • Intermittent traffic control
  • Sidewalk closure
  • Police escort
  • City parking
  • Use of drones
  • Access to State and local government property